- Fixed magazine locking system for all AR-15, .308 & AR-10 rifles
- Automatic Magazine Release when upper and lower receivers are separated, no need to push a button
- QUICK and SAFE fixed magazine release device
- SAFE MAG prevents the removal of the magazine from your AR-15, .308 or AR-10 rifle without disassembly of the action when properly installed
- QUICK, EASY installation
- RELOAD EASIER when separating the upper from the lower receiver
Cross Armory’s SAFE MAG is a modification, designed in California, for weapons in regulated states that require fixed magazines. The Cross Armory SAFE MAG works by releasing your magazine instantly when you separate the upper and lower receivers of your .308 or AR-10, without having to press a button.
Cross Armory’s SAFE MAG is intended to be consistent with the fixed magazine laws which state that your weapon must have a “fixed magazine” which has been defined as “an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device can not be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.” The firearm action of an AR-15, .308 or AR-10 is housed in the upper and lower receivers. Separating the upper and lower receiver to release your magazine disables the firearm action.
Cross Armory’s SAFE MAG also allows for insertion of a new magazine when the upper receiver and lower receiver are closed, without bending or stressing the hardware of the weapon or of SAFE MAG.
Cross Armory’s SAFE MAG is a reliable, durable and easy-to-install magazine release. When paired with the Cross Armory’s QUICK PINS, magazine changes can be performed efficiently and with a minimum of inconvenience to the user.
(.308AR's ONLY) HOW TO CHOOSE BETWEEN.308 AERO & DPMS RECEIVERS
Determine the width of the base of your upper receiver:
- Separate your upper and lower receiver.
- Use calipers or measuring tape to determine the width of the base of the upper receiver (measure are of base directly above the trigger)
- If the upper width at the base is 7/8″ or 0.875″, choose Aero. If the upper width at the base is 1 1/4″ or 1.25″, choose DPMS.
Please note: If your .308 has an ambidextrous magazine release, please call us before purchasing. Installation may require an additional spacer.
“It’s the purchasers responsibility to know the current firearm laws and regulations in their state, county, city and municipality. Be familiar with all of your local and state laws / regulations before installing this product! The manufacturer/company (creator & seller) of Safe Mag Gen 2, is not held responsible for your understanding or interpretation of the laws and regulations."