The Shepherd DRS (Dual Reticle System) Scope is the only scope with two independently adjusting reticles which provide visual verification that the proper windage and elevation adjustments have been made. That’s right, you can actually see the reticles move, making it much easier for shooters of any skill level to zero in their scope with only one shot!Each scope has two reticles: the range-finding circles reticle (first focal plane), and the crosshair reticle (second focal plane). Being on the first focal plane allows the range-finding circle reticles to be accurate at every range, regardless of the zoom power. The circles can be adjusted up for flatter shooting rounds or down for rounds with a bit more drop.
The P-Series 3-10x40mm rifle scopes feature Shepherd’s PVD multi-layer coated HD optics which deliver a crystal clear image through the entire field of view.
- High Transmission Optics for Excellent Low Light Performance
- Fastest and Easiest Passive Range Finder and BDC available
- Argon Gas Filled, Waterproof, Shockproof
- 1/4 M.O.A. Clicks on the Ranging Circles and Friction Adjustments on the Crosshairs with 0.001 M.O.A.
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum
- Includes lens caps, lens cloth, and instruction manual.
- Eight different range finding, bullet drop compensating reticle options available (see MSR Arms advisor tab for help choosing your reticle).
- Lifetime Warranty
The following information has been provided by Shepherd Scopes to help choose your reticle. If you would like further help with the fit of the reticle to your particular gun or round of choice, you can also view Shepherd’s Scope Finder/Ballistics Calculator.
- P1A Reticle (18” Range Finding Circles) Ideal for the .257 Weatherby Magnum, 7mm Weatherby Mag, or 300 Weatherby Mag. The bullet drops match up almost perfectly for the 300 Weatherby Mag Select Plus Barnes TSX 180 Grain or the Nosler Partition 150 Grain. The weapon sight is ideal for rounds with a muzzle velocity of 3,200 feet per second to 4,000 feet per second. 18″ Circles Useful for Deer Hunting and Military Silhouettes. Extremely accurate at all distances out to 1000 yards.
- PE1 Reticle (24” Range Finding Circles) This rifle scope is ideal for the Winchester Super Short Magnum 243 and the Weatherby .30-.378. The bullet drops match up well with the Hornady 180 Grain GMX boat tail and the federal power-shok 100 grain. 24″ Circles Useful for Elk Hunting and Other Large Animals/Targets. Extremely accurate at all distances out to 1000 yards.
- P1 Reticle (18” Range Finding Circles) The model 310-P1 has 18” range-finding circles for use on large targets including deer and military silhouettes. Ideal for the BMG 50 Caliber Sniper Rifle and the Browning BLR. The bullet drops match up almost perfectly for the Hornady 750 grain BMG A Max and the PMC Bronze 660 Grain FMJ Boat Tail when using the BMG 50. If you have the Browning BLR an ideal ammo would be the 7mm Remington Black Hills Gold 154 grain Hornady SST. Extremely accurate at all distances out to 1000 yards.
- PE Reticle (24” Range Finding Circles) Specifically designed for larger target sizes such as elk and has 24″ ranging circles. Works with everything from a 22 – 250 caliber 55 grain leaving the muzzle at 3,600 feet per second to a 375 caliber shooting a 270 grain bullet at 3,00 feet per second. This includes Magnums in 6mm, 7mm, 270 and 308 Norma and most 30 caliber Mags. Extremely accurate at all distances out to 1000 yards.
- P2 Reticle (18” Range Finding Circles) This rifle scope is ideal for the Springfield M1A and the Sig Sauer SSG 3000 308. The bullet drops match up almost perfectly for the 168 Grain Amax Boat Tail and Federal Vita Shok 165 Grain Sierra GameKing Soft Boat Tail. This sight works for everything from a .223 Varmint load to a 338 Winchester Magnum 250 Grain Bear Stopper. 18″ Circles Useful for Deering Hunting and Military Silhouettes.
- P3 Reticle (18” Range Finding Circles) 18” range-finding circles for use on large targets including deer and military silhouettes. This rifle scope is ideal for the AK47, Kimber 8400 and the Mauser 98. The bullet drops match up well with the 222 Remington Hornady Vmax super performance 50 grain and lapua 22 55 grain full metal jacket. In addition the P3 accommodates some of the more powerful game loads such as the 375 H&H Mag which delivers a foot ton of energy at 500 yards. It also works on short barrels like the .308, 30-06 and .223’s.
- P22Mag Reticle (9” Range Finding Circles) P22 Mag model has 9” range-finding circles for use on prairie dogs, crows, squirrels, etc. Circles can be adjusted up or down to accommodate faster or slower loads. This 22 scope is ideal for the 22 Winchester Magnum and the 22 Ruger Magnum. The bullet drops match up almost perfectly for the CCI 22 Mag V Max 30 grain bullets.
- P22LR Reticle (9” Range Finding Circles) The 310-P22LR 22 scope is ideal for the Rimfire 22 Long Rifle and the Mossberg 22 Long Rifle. The bullet drops match up almost perfectly to the Federal Ultra Match Solid UM1 40 grain loads. 9” range-finding circles for use on prairie dogs, crows, squirrels, etc.
With the Shepherd Scopes Dual Reticle System, you can actually see the reticles move, so one reticle acts as a point of reference to the other. Zeroing in your DRS Scope is easy:
1. Fire a shot from a solid rest and note where the bullet impacted the target.
2. Hold the crosshairs on the target and rotate the large knobs to move the small zero circle of the front reticle until it is centered on the bullet hole
3. Now turn the small knobs to move the center of the crosshair just above the circles. That’s it, the scope is now zeroed!
Manufacturer Part Number: P1(DRS0001); PE(DRS0003); PE1(DRS0005); P2(DRS0007); P3(DRS0009); P1a(DRS0011); P22LR(DRS0013); P22Mag(DRS0015)